This post could include affiliate hyperlinks. We earn a small amount of commission for no cost whenever you make a purchase through our hyperlinks. We invite you to read our Privacy Statement for more information.
This simple and quick Broiled Salmon recipe is an excellent way to spice up your evenings. The flaky, soft fish fillets can be seasoned according to your preference and then simmered under the broiler until they have a crispy caramelized crust! Whole30 Paleo gluten-free, keto, gluten-free and low-carb.
PIN HERE to save for future reference and to follow me on my boards to get more ideas for recipes.
Last updated September 2022
Foolproof, 15 minute broiled salmon recipe
Imagine that your stomach is screaming as you race to cross some items off your list of tasks. You realize dinner is coming up and you’ve totally forgotten to prepare your food! Instead of panicking and screaming, you just smile as you move towards the oven. This lightning-fast recipe for broiled salmon will save your day!
We’re sorry, we’ve been caught. and we’re speaking of our experience. We know that many busy people have similar experiences. Sometimes, you require a meal that’s more or less made its own. The best part is that it will taste amazing!
The classic broiled salmon is great to both ends. In addition, it’s very healthy! Filled with protein, potassium as well as vitamins and healthy fats These delicious fish fillets are sure to impress your nutritionist.
Do You Want to Broil Or Bake Salmon?
We love feasting on succulent Baked Salmon but something truly extraordinary happens when the filets are cooked under the broiler. We’ll niether bake our Salmon without baking it too! It’s impossible to beat an encrusted crust.
If you don’t bake entirely, you can create soft, flaky fillets of fish, with crisp exteriors in just a little in the amount of time. It also makes it simpler to prevent overcooking salmon. If I were to rank these two reliable ways, I would say broiling will be the winner.
What You’ll Have to
Let’s look at our general ingredient lists Remember that any modifications are always welcome! For more information regarding the amount you’ll require look below to see the recipe’s page.
- Salmon Fillets There is the option to buy four small fillets, or let your fishmonger divide into one big one.
- Avocado Oil Spray: Or olive oil spray.
- Salt & Pepper: Add it to your the taste.
- Onion Salt We like the one that comes from Trader Joe’s.
- Fresh Herbs or your favorite mix of seasonings.
- lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed.
- Lemon Wedges: To garnish the dish.
How to Create the Best Broiled Salmon
Keep watch on your fish fillets as they cook. Once the salmon is opaque and begins to flake easily using a fork, it’s cooked.
- Preparing the Broiler: Turn your oven to broil and then set the temperature to high.
- Don’t Dry the Salmon: Pat down the skin of the salmon using an old towels to let it dry.
- Add seasonings to the salmon: Lightly spray your salmon with avocado oil spray. Add salt onion salt, pepper, as well as lemon juice.
- Place skin-side down: Arrange the salmon fillets one-by-one on parchment paper or a lightly greased baking sheet. Make sure to put these on their sides, skin side down.
- Broil The salmon is cooked for between 11 and 14 minutes, based on the thickness.
- Have fun! Serve your broiled salmon with lemon wedges and your favourite side dishes.
Tips to be Successful
Follow these useful suggestions for making your fillets of salmon as appealing as is possible:
- Choose Fillets with Even Sizes: It’s always a hassle to cut certain fillets earlier than others due to them being thinner and cook quicker. To avoid this, pick fillets that are identical in dimensions and weight.
- Bring the fish to room temperature: It’s important to remove your salmon from the refrigerator within 15 minutes prior to the time cooking it. You want it to be at an ambient temperature to ensure that it doesn’t lose any water during cooking. Make sure you don’t let it sit for too long before it becomes a security risk.
- Don’t forget The Pat Down The process of drying off the salmon’s exterior will allow it to get crispy and crisp in the oven. This reduces the chance that it will remain in the pan. You can smooth it off with any towel or paper towel that you have available.
Tips to Spice Up Your Fish
You can utilize this recipe to create any type of salmon that you’re craving broiled. Here are some delicious flavor options!
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Honey & Garlic
Old seasoning of the Bay
What’s in a Broiled Salmon?
This salmon with a flaky texture would be particularly delicious if served on top of Fresh Taco Salad or over a steaming plate of Cauliflower Rice. We enjoy it with some soft Honey Roasted Carrots or other roast vegetables which happen to be in season. If you’re looking to wash off your meal with refreshing drinks make this three-ingredient Watermelon Slushie!
Reheating and Storage
After your salmon has been cooled then transfer it to an airtight container . place it in the refrigerator. Consume it within 3-4 days to get the most optimal outcomes. Cook the fish in a oven at 275 degrees for 15 minutes or until it’s cooked.
Can I freeze cooked Salmon?
You can absolutely! Wrap each chilled fillet in a tightly layered sheet of cling film and store the fillets in an airtight bag or container for up to four months. Then, you can defrost your fillets by placing them in the fridge prior to heating them.
Other Convenient Salmon Recipes
The quick and simple Broiled Salmon can be an absolute game changer on busy evenings. The flaky, soft fish fillets can be seasoned according to your preference and then baked under the broiler till they have a crispy caramelized crust! Whole30 Paleo keto, gluten-free, keto, and low-carb.
Keywords: braised fish How you can broil the salmon cook salmon in the oven
Calories: 241 kcal
- 4 (4-6 oz) salmon fillets or one large fillet
- 3/4 teaspoon avocado oil spray or olive oil spray
- Black pepper and fine sea salt according to your taste
- 1 teaspoon onion salt We choose the one that comes from Trader Joe’s
- fresh herbs or preferred seasonings
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- fresh lemon wedges for serving
The oven should be set to broil and set it to high.
Pat the salmon’s skin with an absorbent paper towel.
Lightly coat your salmon with avocado oil spray. Sprinkle with salt pepper, onion salt , and lemon juice.
Place salmon fillets skin-side down on a single sheet on a parchment or lightly coated baking sheet.
Place the baking sheet into the oven. Cook salmon for between 11 and 14 minutes, according to the thickness of the salmon.
Serve it with your favorite side dishes with fresh lemon wedges and take pleasure in.
Notes on the Recipe
- To Reheat and Store: Refrigerate cooled salmon in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in an oven at 275 degrees for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- For freezing: Wrap each cooled fillet with a thick sheet of cling film and put the fillets in an airtight bag or container that can last up to four months. Thaw in the refrigerator prior to warming.
Quantity Per Serving (1 salmon filet)
Calories 241 Calories from Fat 99
Percent Daily Value
Saturated Fat 2g 10 percent
* Nutritional information is given as a courtesy to users of WPRM’s recipe calculator. WPRM Recipe Calculator. It is suggested to do the calculations yourself to assure precision. We disclaim all and all responsibility for any reason with regard an act, omission made wholly or in part based on any information on this site. These values are calculated on a 2000-calorie diet.