This post could include affiliate hyperlinks. We earn a small amount of commission without cost to you whenever you purchase with our affiliate hyperlinks. We invite you to read our Privacy Statement for more information.
Serve the leftover meat from your lunch a transformation with this quick and easy chicken Salad recipe! It is made with crunchy celery, soft avocado as well as crisp red onions and much more it is delicious to eat your salad as is or make it into a delicious sandwich or wrap. Paleo, keto, low-carb Whole30, and gluten-free.
PIN HERE to save for future use and also follow me on my boards to get more ideas for recipes.
Last updated August 20, 2022
Simple and Quick Keto Chicken Salad With Avocado
This delicious chicken salad is an easy one-bowl meal that gives the chicken from last night an incredible rebirth. Its deliciously creamy consistency is beautifully contrasting with the crunchy flecks of texture that come from the diced celery, the sliced almonds, and chopped red onion. With a myriad of combinations, you’ll soon make a fresh recipe for this dish every time your refrigerator is full of leftover chicken!
Although it’s a staple dish at our house all year long but we particularly enjoy making this salad during summer and keeping them on hand for school lunches. It’s not necessary to fire up the oven or stove since the meat has been cooked! It’s nice to be in a position to satisfy your appetite without heating up your home during the process. It also works well for meal preparation.
What is it that makes the Chicken Salad healthy?
This healthy salad is made using real ingredients, and keeps the carbs to the minimal. Actually, it only contains 2 grams of carbs per portion! The calories are reduced to a minimum and, on top of that, every portion is packed with protein that is 19 grams. This recipe is completely dairy-free and gluten-free. It is also keto-friendly, low-carb and Whole30 in compliance.
What You’ll Be Needing
Let’s look at the ingredients that comprise this delicious and healthy dish. The exact amounts are provided within the recipe cards that is below in this post.
- Chicken that has been cooked: Chopped or shredded. Pick an rotisserie bird from the store if don’t have any leftovers around. You can also make use of three 5-ounce cans of premium chunk-drained chicken breasts with water.
- Celery: Diced.
- The Red Onion Very finely chopped.
- Ripe Avocado: Cut into small chunks.
Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Keto/Whole30-Compliant Mayonnaise: Make your Mayo From Scratch or use a trusted brand like Primal Kitchen. If you’re not keto, Whole30 or paleo-friendly, feel free to make use of Greek yogurt in place.
- lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed.
- Fine Sea Salt: Or pink salt, mixed with your preference.
- Freshly cracked Black Pepper: To taste.
- Cut Almonds: Optional.
How to make the best Chicken Salad
This delicious chicken salad is put all in a flash. This is how!
- Shred or chop chicken: Add the chicken in a large bowl and shred it using two forks. If you prefer, you can chop it up on a cutting board. It is also possible to use a standing mixer for shredding the meat, setting it at medium speed.
- Prepare the vegetables: Chop up the celery, onion parsley, avocado and parsley.
- Combine ingredients: Add the chicken chopped vegetables mayonnaise, mustard lemon juice salt, black pepper and salt in an enormous bowl. Make use of a fork or spoon to mix the ingredients. Incorporate the almonds that have been sliced in the event that you’re making use of them.
- Season the Chicken Salad to Your Taste Test the flavor of the salad with the help of a taster and modify to taste by adding salt, pepper, or Dijon mustard if you wish.
- Serve or chill: You can eat your salad straight from the bowl or put it in the refrigerator for an hour until it’s cool and refreshing. If you opt to leave it in the refrigerator, make ensure to seal it thoroughly.
Tips to be Successful
Don’t begin making your chicken salad yet Take a moment to read these guidelines first.
- Conduct A taste test: My favorite thing to do is testing the taste of my food before giving it the green signal. This way I can adjust the flavor, if needed, before I divide it up before serving it.
- Cool The Salad: Another thing I’m all about? Chill the Chicken: A refreshing and cold chicken salad. Chilling your salad for one hour prior to eating helps the flavors mix and blossom.
- Don’t leave it out at room temperature: This probably comes as not a unexpected, yet it’s recommended to store food items in the refrigerator in case you’re not enjoying the salad right away. The meat can be in contact with harmful microbes when it’s stored in a room for more than two hours.
There are many different items you can incorporate into this salad or serve as a topping to mix the flavor. You can try one of these ideas below!
Chunks of Hard-boiled Eggs
Sliced The Green Onion
Sweet Pickle Enjoy
Red Pepper Flakes
Chop Pecans as well Walnuts
Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
- Raisins, or Dried Cranberries (if not keto or low-carb)
We love using this chicken salad in Stuffed Avocados or lettuce wraps However, it’s delicious as a stand-alone dish! If you’re craving to eat an omelette, I strongly recommend stuffing your salad in 2 pieces of the soft Keto Bread. You can also add tomato slices and the greens you love to complement the meal.
After you’ve come up with a plan for your delicious chicken salad, you’re now ready to include a side dish in the mix. This Crispy zucchini chips make an excellent option, whether you bake or bake these in your Air Fryer. If you’re looking for a different recipe that does not require any cooking, this vibrant Fruit Salad is calling your recipe!
How to store extras
Chicken salad leftovers should be stored inside an airtight container within the refrigerator. It should last for 3 days or more.
Does this freeze well?
A salad that is made with mayonnaise will not be freezer-friendly. If you were to put it in the freezer for storage, then the oil will be separated and the salad would become soggy.
Other low-carb salads to try
Make the leftover meat from your lunch an upgrade with this simple 10-minute chicken Salad recipe! It is made with crunchy celery, smooth avocado, crisp red onions, and more it is delicious to eat your salad on its own or transform it into a delicious lunch or wrap. Paleo, keto, low-carb Whole30, gluten-free and keto.
Keywords: avocado chicken salad, recipe for chicken salad keto keto chicken salad
Calories: 404 kcal
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped (leftover or rotisserie)
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 ripe avocado cut into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2/3 cup Keto or Whole30 acceptable mayonnaise homemade or Primal Kitchen (can also be substituted for it with Greek yogurt if it is not Whole30, Paleo or keto)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- fine pink salt, sea salt, fresh crushed black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds optional
SHRED or chop chicken:Add chicken to a large bowl. Then, shred the chicken using two forks or chop it on the cutting board. It is also possible to use your Stand mixer and shred your chicken medium.
Prep Veggies Chop the celery, onion parsley, avocado, and parsley.
Combine ingredients:Add all the chopped chicken vegetables mayo, Dijon, fresh lemon salt, black pepper and salt into a large bowl. make use of a spoon or fork to mix it all up and toss. Incorporate almonds, if you are using.
Season: Taste and adjust the seasonings with more salt, pepper , and Dijon mustard according to your preference.
Enjoy immediately: You can eat it straight from the bowl, or put it in a container to chill in the fridge before putting it in.
or CHILL IN THE FRIIDGE Protect with plastic wrap, or put it in an airtight container that has lid. Store in the refrigerator for one hour or for up to three days.
Serve: Serve over a salad, wrapped in lettuce wraps, or stuffed with avocados to make an Whole30, Paleo or Low Carb version. For those who don’t have any dietary restrictions: Prepare sandwiches of chicken salad using your preferred keto breads or croissants.
Notes on Recipes
Store any leftovers in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up 3 days.
The Serving Size (1 serving)
Calories 404 Calories from Fat 315
Daily Value %*
* Nutritional information is offered as a service using this WPRM Recipe Calculator. It is suggested to do the calculations yourself to assure precision. We disclaim all and all responsibility for any reason with regard an act, omission made wholly or partially based on the information contained on this site. The Percent Daily Values (PDV) are calculated on a 2000 calorie daily diet.