It’s simple Avocado Egg Salad is a nutritious breakfast or lunch that can be made in under 15 minutes. It is certain to please whether you put it in sandwiches or eat it by spoon! Paleo, vegetarian keto, low-carb and keto Whole30 alternatives.
PIN HERE to save for future use and also follow me on Pinterest to get more ideas for recipes.
Creature Keto Egg Salad with Avocado
My family is obsessed with eggs, so much that we make a large pot of instant-cooker Hard-Boiled eggs each week! Some are transformed into this delicious Avocado Egg Salad. It’s a delicious and versatile food and is a great choice to eat on busy days.
Avocado gives it an extra creamy and smooth texture, while also providing healthy fats that keep you energized. The Dijon mustard makes sure that each bite is filled with delicious tang. If you’re cooking lunch for your family , or participating in a potluck celebration This easy egg salad will have everybody sing your praises.
Does eating eggs Salad Healthy for You?
This recipe is a great example of this. The answer is always”yes. Like other egg salads it is able to keep the use of mayonnaise to a minimum , and offers many alternatives available for those who want the dish without mayonnaise. This dramatically lowers the calories of the salad which allows room for healthier ingredients that give it a greater taste.
Avocados have been proven to control blood pressure and improve the health of your heart. Eggs are packed with essential nutrients that increase immunity and help improve brain function. Overall this meal is packed with minerals, vitamins and proteins as well as potassium, antioxidants, and lots more. You can easily modify it to fit your personal nutritional needs!
What You’ll Be Needing
Our refrigerator is always stocked of either Instant Pot or the Air Fryer’s Hard-Boiled eggs, however, we’ll show you the steps to prepare them over the stove in the recipe that follows in the event that you don’t have them available. The amounts for each ingredient are included in the recipe’s recipe card, which is included in this article.
- Eggs The eggs are hard-boiled, and then roughly chopped.
- Small Avocado: Cut it in half, then pit it and peel it before using it.
- Whole30 Mayonnaise For those who aren’t a Whole30 member do not hesitate to substitute this with dairy-free yogurt or sour cream.
- Dijon Mustard: It is added to enhance the flavor.
- lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed.
- Salt & Pepper: To taste.
- Fresh Dill Chopped.
How to make a healthy egg salad
This delicious egg salad can be put together in just 15 minutes if you have your eggs prepared. If you need to cook them in the moment be sure to allow them to cool completely before adding it to your salad.
Cook the eggs if needed
You can cook hard-boiled eggs using the Instant Pot, Air Fryer or over the stove.
- Boiling: The eggs should be covered with extremely warm tap water and place them in a pan. The water should come to a boil, switch off the heat by closing the lid. take the pan off the flame.
- Let sit: Allow the saucepan to rest in a quiet place for 18 minutes.
- Let Cool Open the lid of the pot and pour in warm water. The eggs should be run under extremely cold water, or put them in an ice bath and let them sit for 5-10 minutes until they’ve reached ambient temperature.
- Peel and Chop: Chop and peel the eggs that have been cooled.
Serve the Salad
- Mash Avocado: Use a fork to crush the avocado inside the bowl of a large size.
- Add eggs, lemon Juice and mayonnaise. Mustard: Add the chopped eggs along with lemon juice, half of a teaspoon of mayonnaise and a half spoon of mustard. Mix well to mix.
- Add remaining ingredients: Season to taste with black pepper, salt and chopped Dill. Add the remaining of the mayonnaise as well as dijon mustard if you’d prefer more creaminess.
- Have fun! Serve your egg salad at room temperature , or store it in the fridge before serving it chilled.
Tips to be Successful
This recipe doesn’t really make room for errors It’s nevertheless beneficial to look over some of the general guidelines and tips:
- Prepare the eggs ahead of time: Hard-boiled eggs stay fresh in the refrigerator all week long, which is why it makes sense to integrate them into your meal preparation routine! So, you can prepare this delicious and satisfying egg salad to the table within a matter of minutes.
- Select a Quality Avocado: You want your avocado to be fully ripe but not too ripe. If it appears to be mushy when you open it It’s more suitable to be used in Guacamole.
- Seasoning to taste: Take your time and test your egg salad with numerous taste tests as you’d like to ensure it’s properly spiced. Try not to eat the entire bowl in one go!
Ideas for Add-Ins
There are many additional ingredients that taste great on this salad. Here are some delicious choices!
Pickles Chopped Pickles
Ways to Serve Avocado Egg Salad
This salad can be taken in a variety of directions and all are delicious! One of my favourite things to do with it is to make eggs salad sandwich sandwiches. Simply stuff the salad into two pieces of Keto Bread, add in some cabbage slaw and kale and then enjoy!
The egg salad can be sucked into wraps of lettuce is a method to spice it up a small. If you’re not on the Whole30 diet and want to eat it all, you could make it into a filling to fill pita bread. If you’re looking to get into it as quickly as you can you can serve it on its own and enjoy the wonderful mix of flavors and textures.
Don’t let the egg salad in the refrigerator at room temperature for more than two hours. Put the salad in an airtight container, and keep it in the refrigerator. It can last for three days or more. The avocado may begin to turn brown after a day or two, but it will remain delicious.
Does this freeze well?
It’s not clear if it is. If you put this salad in the freezer eggs will turn into the texture of rubber and let out moisture to the food, which makes it unappetizing and watery.
Other Egg Recipes for Easy Eggs
It doesn’t matter if you put it in sandwich bread or eat it on a spoon, this delicious Avocado Egg Salad is bound to be a hit. It’s a nutritious lunch, breakfast or snack that you could make in just 15 minutes! Paleo, vegan keto, low-carb, and keto Whole30 choices.
The Course The Main Course
Keywords: egg salad with avocado, keto egg salad How to make egg salad.
Calories: 244 kcal
- 4 hard boiled eggs roughly chopped
- 1 ripe small avocado
- 1/2 1 tablespoon homemade or Whole30 certified mayonnaise (can be substituted with Dairy-Free yogurt such as Kite Hill OR sour cream in the absence of Whole30)
- 1/2- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black black pepper for you to try
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill to taste
Cook the eggs
The eggs should be covered with boiling tap water, and set them in a pan. Bring the water to a simmer then turn off the heat and cover the eggs with the lid , and then take the eggs off the heat.
Allow to rest for about 18 minutes. Uncover and pour hot water. The eggs are then submerged under cold water. Allow to sit for 5-10 mins until the eggs are cool. Cut and peel.
Create the Salad
In a large bowl, smash the avocado with a fork. Mix in eggs chopped and then start with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (yogurt or sour cream) 1 tablespoon mustard as well as lemon juice, and mix well. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and dill according to your preference. You may add the remaining of the mayonnaise as well as dijon mustard if you like the egg salad to be more silky.
Serve at room temperature immediately or chill before serving cold.
Scoop it up into lettuce wraps or sandwich on two pieces of bread made from keto, paleo or topped with the cabbage and kale for avocado egg salad sandwiches.
Don’t store egg salad in the refrigerator at the room temperature for more than two hours. Refrigerate leftovers inside an airtight container for up 3 days. The avocado will begin to become brown after a week or two, however it’ll still be delicious.
Quantity Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 180
Percent Daily Value*
* Nutritional facts are given as a courtesy to users of this WPRM formula calculator. It is suggested to do the calculations yourself to assure precision. We disclaim all and all responsibility in relation an act, omission that is entirely or partially based upon the content of this site. These values are calculated on a 2000-calorie diet.