If you’re following this keto-friendly diet then you realize how difficult it can be to keep away from sweet Ice cream. DIY keto and low carb Ice cream isn’t easy to make , and sometimes our craving for sweets can take over us.
But there’s a solution! You can now find many different keto-friendly frozen ice creams available in stores that range from regular vanilla, to caramel butter pecan milk chocolate chunks or peanut butter Fudge.
With the many keto-friendly ice creams to choose from it’s hard to decide which is the most effective from the beginning. While some brands can are able to hit the texture and taste, as well as your net carb count exactly where it needs to be while others have more of a preference.
This is the reason we’ve tried every keto-friendly ice cream available and I’ll admit, I may have gained several pounds (I’m not mad at it however). It was definitely the most delicious tasting event we’ve had in our home and I’m pretty certain Theo enjoyed it the most.
Here are the Top 5 Keto Ice Cream Brands:
Top Overall Mammoth Creamery
If you’re not enthralled by every ingredient, we are. They’re made up of grass-fed butter and cream therefore they’re not dairy-free however, If you’re not suffering from lactose intolerance, this isn’t a problem.
It’s delicious and creamy and the thing we like about it greatest is it’s a little sweet at all. The xylitol doesn’t dominate the flavor of this frozen treat in any way.
If you’re looking for keto ice cream the one we recommend is the most delicious. Particularly when compared to homemade versions and no other keto ice creams even come as close.
- What we love the most isvery natural ingredients, close to the traditional Ice cream
- What we don’t like about HTML0:they use xylitol which can increase blood sugar levels.
- Flavors: Vanilla Bean, Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Lemon Buttercream, Strawberry, Butter Coffee, Butter Pecan
- Net carbohydrates per cup of 1/2:between 1 and 2 grams
Best Value Keto Ice Cream: Halo Top
There’s always something that will satisfy your desires with this keto Halo Top ice cream. This brand has been in existence for quite some time and I’m here to say that Halo Top is the most loved brand available.
When compared to other keto ice creams they’re extremely lower in calories however not as in terms of the carbs. Certain flavors have higher carbs than others, so you must be sure to read the labels.
I love their prices and I’m sure you will too but be aware that while it might satisfy your cravings, in case you haven’t been able to enjoy ice cream in an extended period of time It’s slightly different from the traditional Ice cream.
Additionally, if we’re talking about ingredients it’s all about the flavor. Some are made from more nutritious ingredients, while others include maltitol (which increases blood sugar levels) and cornstarch.
- We like the most is the variety of flavors available and the price
- The things we do not love: Certain flavorings are less creamy and are more “chalky”
- Pints: Mint Chocolate Cookie, Turtle Cheesecake, Banana Cream Pie, Brownie a la mode, Caramel Butter Pecan, Chocolate Caramel Lava Cake, Chocolate Cheesecake, Macadamia Nut Cookie, Peanut Butter Chocolate, Vanilla Bean
- Pops Mint Chocolate Cookie and Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake, Berry Swirl, Chocolate Cheesecake, Peanut Butter Chocolate, Sea Salt Caramel
- Net carbohydrates: The pints have between 4 to 10 grams net carbs for each pint while pops contain about 2 to 3 grams net carbs in each pop.
Best Keto Ice Cream Bars: Enlightened
If we didn’t know that these are keto diet-friendly it’s unlikely that we would guess. Even though they’re chalky, they’re the top choice in the field of keto-friendly Ice cream brands.
They’re delicious tasting and matches those in non keto-friendly ice creams for certain. They’re sweetened by xylitol and erythritol So if you’re trying to control your glucose levels, you might want to search for low-carb ice creams that contain different sugar substitutes.
They have some of the finest Ice bar, the sell pints. I’m not a fan of the pints as they are often somewhat chalky in taste but these bars are amazing. I’m sure keto enthusiasts will be content with the keto-friendly frozen ice creams.
- What we love the mostis the flavor
- We don’t likeabout it: It contains corn fiber that is soluble.
- pints Triple Chocolate Brownie Dough, Ice Cream Cake, Peanut Butter Cookie & Brownie Dough, Caramel Chocolate Double Dough, Butter Pecan, Peanut Butter Chocolate, Coffee Chocolate Chunk, Mint Chocolate Chunk, Peanut Butter Fudge, Red Velvet
- Bars: Peanut Butter Chocolate, Vanilla Double Dough, Mint Chocolate Chip, Keto Marshmallow Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate, Caramel Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Net Carbs between 1 and 2g net carbs
Price: $10 per 4 bars
The Best Tasting Keto Ice Cream: Mammoth Creamery
I’d like to offer you an alternative to the low-carb ice cream made by the Mammoth Creamery, but it’s so good that it’s the only one that comes close to.
In contrast to other keto-friendly Ice creams, these don’t taste chalky and their basis ingredient is pure high-fat cream.
In addition to the cream in this keto ice-cream is made with grass-fed butter and xylitol egg yolks pure vanilla extract, vanilla bean seeds, and the pink Himalayan salt. Amazing ingredients if you ask me.
Scroll up to see details on the carbs in net and costs. We’ve written it out in the above paragraph because it’s our Top All-Round Keto Ice Cream choice.
the Best Dairy Free Keto Ice Cream: So Delicious
The keto Ice cream is the best choice that you can get if you suffer from lactose intolerance. It has a coconut milk base, not regular milk. It is also sweetened by sugar alcohols.
Although it’s not advertised as keto, you are able to enjoy it if you’re generous in your net carbs or you’ll consume less of this ice cream in terms of volume. I’m not recommending it simply because it’s dairy-free however, I wouldn’t buy it from the store shelves if you consume milk.
According to the flavor, they’re good but they definitely don’t taste like normal Ice cream. Be aware that these do not contain any cream or skim milk base It’s just it’s just water and coconut.
- We like the most is it’s dairy-free
- What we don’t like about HTML0: higher in net carbs
- Flavors: Vanilla Bean, Mint Chip, Chocolate, Butter Pecan
- Net carbohydrates:between 10 – 14 grams
- Price: $5.99
Another Keto Ice-Cream brands to look for
Although these keto ice cream brands didn’t make it onto our list, I believe they’re worth mentioning. There are many keto-friendly brands available on the market, so it’s all dependent on what’s the most important to you.
Maybe it’s a specific sugar alcohol? Ice cream with low calories? Net carbs that are low? What’s the matter I’m confident you’ll discover something for you.
In terms of flavor, Rebel Creamery has it perfectly figured out. It’s not overly sweet, but creamy and filling while being a bit creamy. They offer 24 flavors that range from normal chocolate, to cookies dough black raspberry, birthday cake. All are delicious.
The main issue is consistency. The keto friendly frozen treat takes time to be scoopable and in the same time the ice cream melts quickly when it’s ready to eat.
This keto ice-cream brand offers both bars and pints. Even though they come in a range of flavors which range from the sea salt caramel and cake batter the pints are somewhat costly between $9.99 and $9.99. They taste great but, and especially because the base is made of egg yolks and cream.
If you’re willing to accept the higher cost and don’t have the most clean ingredients compared to other low-carb Ice creams, I’d suggest you give it a try.
Simple Truth Keto
It’s not a bad idea having this low-carb Ice cream at $3.99 for a pint. While they offer amazing keto-friendly flavor options to pick from and tastes really good however, this flavor was not on our list due to its higher carb amount.
For instance the chocolate chip flavor of ice cream includes 12g net carbs per half 1 cup.
I am in love with and love their Ice cream! In the midst of all keto ice creams we did not include, this is a real runner-up. The flavor is great with the creamy consistency, without chalky texture or artificial flavor.
The only issue is that they’re often not filled to the top. I want to make sure I make the most of my money when I purchase food items.
What should you look for when purchasing keto Ice creams:
Make sure you buy Ice cream that is made from real cream instead of concentrated milk proteins. It’s much more delicious and is higher in fat. Beware of ingredients like insoluble corn fiber, or excessive artificial sweeteners (like maltitol).
Sweeteners that are used
If you’re following the keto diet to combat blood sugar spikes, or have an overall balance of sugar, be aware of the sweetness. While stevia, erythritol and monk fruit are all fine alternatives to sugar, sugar substitutes like xylitol can cause problems with the blood sugar levels.
Naturally, ice cream that is made using a lot of cream won’t be low-calorie, and if you consume excessive amounts of it, you could be putting off your efforts to lose weight. We all don’t have to watch the calories we consume, however if dropping weight is something you are looking for, then you should consume less food or opt for the ice creams that aren’t loaded with butter or cream.
Does it use Whole Milk or Skim Milk?
Certain keto ice creams make use of high-fat cream as their base. It’s the ideal ingredient for a silky smooth texture however, keep the fact that it’s very high in calories, and can impede your weight losing goals.
There’s no single company that sells skim milk, however, more often than not, certain flavors they sell include skim milk. Be aware this: skim milk on its own isn’t keto-friendly One cup contains around 12g net carbs. Always ensure that you read the nutritional label.
Where can I purchase keto Ice cream
You are able to buy keto-based ice cream in a lot of places in the moment. There are several places to find it.
- Whole Foods
- Stop & Shop
- and, of obviously, Amazon!
Best keto Ice cream recipes
If you decide that at the end of the day, you’d prefer to make keto keto ice cream yourself Here are some of our top recipes. Our readers told us they love these the most!
- Keto Chocolate Ice Cream – made from just 5 ingredients and 5 ingredients, these are the simplest keto-friendly frozen dessert to create at your home. It’s delicious, smooth and has lower than five grams of net carbohydrates for each serving.
- Mason Jar Ice Cream – Remember this Instagram trend? Everybody used to make keto ice cream in this manner and, to be sincere I’m not even thinking of it to be a trend now. It’s a legit method to make delicious Ice cream in a matter of minutes. In addition it is only 3g net carbs per serving!
- Keto Ice Cream Bars – are you ready for your summer celebration? Your guests will love them and, I’m sure, they’ll be unaware that they are keto. Make sure you have popsicle molds and some ingredients, and then take a bite at 4g net carbs for each bar.
- Almond Milk Ice Cream – Do you need something keto-friendly however dairy-free? It’s not a problem. The ice cream is made with almond milk that has not been sweetened along with coconut milk. It’s also lower in calories compared to other recipes, and has just 3g of net carbohydrates per portion.
Final Thoughts What Can I Eat Ice Cream on Keto?
With the variety of options to choose from, absolutely! I’m very happy that the market for food has improved and that we have plenty of keto options and options for low carb right now particularly in the case of Ice cream.
Our top ice cream, absolutely, is made by the Mammoth Creamery. Everything from texture and taste to the ingredients is right. If you’re not experiencing any problems with xylitol, this is your best option.
Remember that even though this list includes keto-friendly ice creams, it is still necessary to take note of the calories you consume in order to shed excess weight. Cream contains a lot of calories and eating too much can impede the weight reduction process.
Tell us in the comments below which keto-friendly Ice cream you prefer! We’d like to know which one stole your heart (and your taste your taste buds! ).