The tangy, lightly sweet Homemade Barbecue Sauce is easy to prepare with just a brief list of healthy ingredients. It can be used to make a marinade for your chicken, as a topping on pizza, or as a dip to serve with fries, you can make sure you serve up an incredibly delicious dish that will make you drool. Gluten-free, low carb keto as well as vegan, paleo and Whole30 in compliance.
PIN HERE to save for later and keep an eye on my boards to get more ideas for recipes.
DIY BBQ Sauce Recipe BBQ Sauce Recipe
Everybody loves a great Southern barbecue sauce. Whatever way you choose to use this condiment that never ceases to bring flavor and flair to your appetizer, snack or dinner. It’s got a great rich texture, and tangy sweet taste , making it even more flexible than you thought it was!
It is an ingredient in a marinade, dip, baste, topping, and more. As this condiment is kept cool in the refrigerator for up to a week, there’s ample time to play in the flavor! If anything is sure, it’s that you’ll never purchase the store-bought barbecue sauce.
What is the reason to make Barbecue Sauce at home?
Making your own nutritious BBQ sauce super simple and quick, it’s also great to be in control of what you put into the sauce. A lot of the options in the stores contain sugar and the sauces that are packaged rely on preservatives which aren’t needed to make the sauce from scratch. In addition, this recipe can create the most delicious barbecue sauce you’ve ever tried. This recipe is a winner!
Things You’ll Need
This traditional sauce makes use of items from your kitchen that you’ll be able to find. Learn about the various ingredients and their purpose.
- Tomato Sauce: Make use of 2 cans that weigh six ounces each the brand you like best.
- Coconut Aminos The low sodium and gluten-free sauce is the best substitute for soy sauce.
- Vinegar This dish makes the balsamic as well as apple cider vinegars for the most flavor as well as additional nutrients.
- Dijon Mustard for a bit of more tanginess, it’s a great addition to the vinegars.
- Sea Salt: You can use Himalayan pink salt if preferred.
- Garlic & Onion Powders The garlicky flavor is added, and also some flavorful notes.
- Black Pepper: Freshly crushed.
- Smoked Paprika: To add the perfect spice.
What is the best way to Make Homemade Barbecue Sauce
In just 30-minutes, this traditional keto BBQ sauce is made and ready to serve. The recipe is incredibly easy!
- Combine Ingredients Mix all the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Then, bring to boil Bring the mix to a boil on moderate heat. Then, reduce the temperature until it reaches a low.
- Slowly simmer: The sauce should simmer down until it has thickened. approximately 20 minutes, while stirring often.
- Adjust the taste: Check the sauce for taste and alter the seasonings as required.
- Let cool: Allow the sauce to fully cool prior to serving it, or before storage.
Tips to be Successful
It’s impossible to make a mistake with this recipe. Learn these useful guidelines and recipes to make BBQ sauce in your own kitchen.
- Be sure the sauce is simmering: Once the sauce is at a point of boiling then immediately lower the heat to medium. The sauce will begin to simmer by the way the bubbles shrink and are less frequently. Just a handful of tiny bubbles are likely to appear over the top of the water at any moment.
- Change the flavor: Once your sauce has cooked, I recommend tasting it. Be careful not to let your mouth burn. In this stage it is possible to include more seasonings you like. It is possible to add cayenne peppers for additional spice!
- Let it cool: Barbecue sauce is intended to be consumed hot. Cooling it down to the temperature of room allows it to thicken up. Also, it helps the flavors increase in intensity.
There are endless options in the world of making home-cooked BBQ sauce. This list of ideas is sure will make your mouth water!
- Create Barbecue Chicken: These BBQ Chicken Foil Packets come packed with bell peppers, zucchini, onions and many more. I love any dish that provides an entree and side dishes all together. This dish is cooked either by grilling or baking in the oven!
- Dip Zucchini Chips into It: My 20-minute Zucchini Chips are addictive. Even more delicious when you serve them alongside the homemade barbecue sauce!
- Make it meat Marinade: Steak, pork chops, chicken, shrimp – it is all delicious when cooked, marinated, or simply topped by the BBQ sauce.
- Make it a part of Burgers Each sandwich should have at the very least one condiment and this sweet and tangy sauce is a great option for almost anything. I particularly like pouring the sauce over the top of my Burgers in a Bowl!
How to store homemade BBQ Sauce
The Whole30 barbecue sauce must be kept in a tightly sealed container or other airtight container. Store it in the refrigerator whenever you aren’t serving it. It’s good for upto a week.
Can I freeze This?
Yes, you can! The condiment can last three months or more within the refrigerator. Place it in a safe container for freezing and leave a bit of room to allow expansion throughout the freezing process. Then, you can thaw the leftover BBQ sauce for a few hours in the refrigerator before serving.
A Few More Healthier Condiments You Can Explore
Are you looking for more home-cooked condiments that you can serve alongside your favourite snacks, appetizers or main dishes? Take a look at these simple recipes!
Homemade Barbecue Sauce
This sweet and tangy Homemade BBQ Sauce is easy to prepare with just a brief list of nutritious ingredients. It can be used as a marinade to cook chicken, or as a topping for pizza, or as a dip to serve with fries, you’ll be able to make sure you serve up an incredibly delicious dish that will make you drool. Gluten-free, low-carb, keto as well as vegan, paleo and Whole30 in compliance.
course: Side Dish
Keywords: bbq chicken marinade, keto-bbq sauce, low-carb barbecue sauce
Serves: 15 servings
Calories: 14 kcal
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce (2 six-ounce cans)
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
Combine all of the ingredients in the medium-sized saucepan. Let it boil on moderate heat, then lower heat to simmer. Then let it simmer for 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
Check the taste and adjust the seasonings when needed. Let cool.
Refrigerate or serve it in a sealed jar , or container.
- To store: Refrigerate in a sealed container or airtight jar for up to a week
- To freeze: Store in a freezer-safe container that has extra space to allow expansion. Consume within three months of chilling overnight in the fridge.
Homemade Barbecue Sauce
The Serving Size (1 serving)
Calories 14 Calories from Fat 9
Percent Daily Value*
* The nutrition information provided is in courtesy by with WPRM’s recipe calculator. WPRM formula calculator. It is recommended to conduct your own calculations in order to guarantee the accuracy. We specifically disclaim any responsibility in connection with any act or omission, whether in totality or the slightest degree based on information that is contained on this website. These values are calculated on a diet of 2000 calories.