This post could include affiliate hyperlinks. We earn a small amount of commission for no cost when you purchase through our hyperlinks. We invite you to read our Privacy Statement for more information.
The Instant Pot Ham is juicy and delicious. It’s also easy to make using the ham cut in spirals and a sweet maple glaze which warms to a perfect temperature in the cooker under pressure. The whole thing is done in under 30 minutes. It’s perfect dish to serve at your Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter dinner table! Gluten-free, low-carb keto, paleo, and dairy-free alternatives.
PIN HERE to save for later use and also follow me on my boards to get more ideas for recipes.
Last updated April 2022
Easy Instant Pot Ham Recipe
The perfect holiday table cannot be complete without a roast turkey or a tasty spiral-baked Ham. Making an ham spiral to serve at Christmas, Easter or for your next holiday dinner is much simpler than you imagine.
It is Instant Pot Ham is done in less than 30 minutes in the pressure cooker. It comes out juicy and packed with incredible flavor. There is no more dry ham cooking over the course of hours in an oven. It also frees up the oven to cook other dishes or desserts, taking much of the stress away from the holiday season.
Ham cooks faster in the instant cooker this means you won’t have to rise early to cook your holiday dinner. By keeping the oven off, you can enjoy an easier holiday ham. You won’t have to cook in the kitchen in the summer seasons. Do you not have an pressure cooker? Check out one of our Slow Cooker Ham or Honey Baked Ham instead.
You’ll be enthralled by this simple Ham recipe
- Just 4 ingredients required to make the glaze
- Low-carb, keto friendly, gluten-free including Whole30 and Paleo alternatives.
- A little less than 10 mins of prepping time for a simple Ham recipe in a pressure cooker
- Freezer-friendly and easy to prepare in advance
- A easy dish to prepare and forget that removes the stress from hosting Sunday dinners or celebrations for the holidays!
You will require certain ingredients
- Spiral-Cut Ham Be sure to purchase one that weighs about 4lbs , as it’s perfect inside a 6-quart Instant Pot. We love the Spiral Sliced Ham that is not cured that is available at Trader Joe’s.
For the low carb 4 ingredient glaze:
- Unsalted Butter:You could substitute it with ghee, or vegan butter to make dairy-free.
- Golden monk is a sweetener for fruitYou can substitute coconut sugar to make paleo, or your preferred brown sugar replacement. You can leave out Whole30.
- GarlicFinely minced.
How do you make Instant Pot Ham? Instant Pot Ham
A lot of people are shocked by the fact that they can cook ham using the pressure cooker. The majority of spiral hams are cooked and ready for ham to be cooked in an Instant Pot the only thing we have to do is cook it, similar to what you do with an oven. It’s the Instant Pot makes cooking ham much easier and quicker!
- Create the glaze Mix the butter, golden monk fruit sweetener the small pot on moderate heat. Heat until the mixture is melted. Add Dijon Mustard and minced garlic until it is all mixed.
- Put the ham into the Instant Pot: Add water to the Instant Pot Then, insert the trivet in. Put the ham in the trivet with the cut side facing down. The ham should be brushed with the glaze that covers all the areas
- Cooking: Close lid, click “manual” or “pressure cook” and set the timer for 9 minutes. The Instant Pot will take between 10 and 15 minutes to reach high pressure.
- Let the pressure release naturally and let the lid open: Once the ham is cooked then let to the Instant Pot to let off its pressure by itself (about 10-minutes). The lid should be opened slowly and then transfer the ham to the cutting board.
- Broil to create a caramelized coating To get a caramelized, extra-caramelized coating put the Ham on a baking sheet lined with foil and cook under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until the desired degree of cookedness.
- Serve and slice: Cut ham into slices and then serve it with the glaze you have left.
Tips to be successful
- How long should you cook the ham: This depends on the size of your ham as well as the Instant Pot. We decided to cook ours at 8 minutes for a 4- Lb spiral cut ham that is perfect for the 6 Quart of my Instant Pot Duo Plus. If you’re making use of a larger 6 lb bone-in thigh ham , or have an 8 quartcapacity, it will take 15 minutes but it will take longer to reach pressure as well as completely let it go.
- Sweetener When you do not require a sugar-free or keto glaze, you can make use of honey to glaze an Honey baked Ham or maple syrup to make an Maple Glazed Ham
- Incorporate some additional spices. Add some spice to the taste with warm spices such as cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg
- fruit: Add sweetness to your glaze by using the cranberries, cherries, or orange
- Broil Put your Instant Pot of ham in the broiler so that it gets the caramelized coat!
Ham is great with almost any side you’re a fan of. Here are a few of our favorite recipes:
Got leftovers? Make sure that the leftover ham has been cooled enough to be able to handle. It shouldn’t take too long, as cooked ham shouldn’t be kept at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
- Begin by wrapping your leftover ham in plastic wrap, and then with a second layer of aluminum foil with a heavy-duty coating. The ham can be stored at room temperature for upto four days. Ham that has been cooked shouldn’t be kept out at room temperature longer than two hours.
- Ham that is not cooked can be stored in the refrigerator for upto three days.
Instructions for heating
- OvenRemove any leftover food items like cooked meat from the fridge and place it in an oven safe baking dish. Wrap a large aluminum foil on it on top of your Ham. This keeps the moisture out. Bake at the temperature of 275 degrees F at 10 minutes for each pounds or until a thermometer registers 135 – 140 degrees.
- Skillet Slices of ham are placed on a skillet , or a fry pan. Then, heat on medium until it is cooked through.
- Microwave This isn’t the ideal method as microwaves can take away a lot of moisture. It’s therefore easy to dry your ham. However, it is possible to reheat some slices in the microwave, if you need to. Place several slices on a microwave-safe plate and cook at medium-high for a few minutes , until the ham is warm.
How to Freeze Ham?
- Be sure that the leftover ham that you cooked is cool and dry. This will prevent crystals of ice from developing.
- Begin by wrapping the leftover ham with the plastic wrap, or in a freezer bag after that, another layer of aluminum foil that is heavy-duty and durable.
- Put the wrapped ham into another freezer bag or large container for storage. This will reduce the risk of freezing burn. Keep the frozen food at least 3 months in the fridge.
Easy instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Chicken Whole
Pressure Cooker Instant Pot Roast
Quick Pot Lemon Chicken with Garlic
Instant Pot Ham
Pressure is rising
The Instant Pot Ham is juicy delicious, tasty and easy to make using an ham that is cut into spirals and a sweet maple glaze that heats to a perfect temperature in the cooker under pressure. The whole thing is done in just 30 minutes. It’s ideal recipe to serve for Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter dinner table! Gluten-free, low-carb keto, dairy-free and paleo alternatives.
Class: The Main Course
Keywords: baked ham christmas ham, easter dinner, easterham, holiday Ham, Instant Pot keto ham, keto ham low carb keto ham, paleo-friendly Ham
Serves: 10 servings
Calories: 428 kcal
- 4 pounds of spiral-sliced ham 4lbs of ham is perfectly sized for an Instant Pot that holds 6 quarts. We love the Spiral Sliced Ham that is not cured at Trader Joe’s.
- 14 Cup unsalted butter It is possible to substitute Ghee (for Whole30 and paleo) or substitute vegan butter to avoid dairy.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons golden monk sweetener . You can also sub with brown sugar, coconut sugar or your preferred sweetener in liquid form (honey or maple syrup) in the absence of low carb or paleo. Eliminate for Whole30.
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
Prepare the glazeby heating the monk fruit sweetener as well as the butter in a small pan at a medium-low temperature until the butter has been melted. Mix in the garlic and mustard until they are well-mixed. Remove from the heat.
Place a trivet in the pot that is inside the pressure cooker. Add 1 cup of water.
Put the ham on the trivet. Brush glaze both on the outside and inside those spirals that surround the Ham.
Close the lid, then hit on the “manual” as well as the “pressure cook” button, and set the timer for 9 minutes. The pressure cooker can take up to 10 minutes to come to pressure. After the cook time is over and the pressure cooker is fully inflated, you can let to allow the Instant Pot natural let go of all tension (around 10-15 minutes).
Remove the lid slowly and then transfer the ham onto an ice-cream maker. Serve with any glaze leftover.
To get a more caramelized coating, place the oven on broil. Take the ham out of the pressure cooker and put it on a baking sheet lined with foil and then brush the glaze with any leftover.
Put the ham in the broiler for about 2 seconds or so until the glaze has a soft and the caramelization has occurred.
Cut ham in slices and serve.
Notes on the Recipe
How do you keep leftovers
- Begin by wrapping the leftover ham with plastic wrap. Then, wrap it again with a layer of aluminum foil with a heavy-duty coating. The ham can be stored at room temperature for up to 4 days. Ham cooked in the oven shouldn’t be kept out at room temperature for longer than two hours.
- Ham that is not cooked can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How do you reheat HTML0?
- OvenRemove any leftover cooked Ham from the refrigerator and place it in an oven safe baking dish. Wrap a large aluminum foil on it on top of your Ham. This keeps moisture inside. Bake at an oven temperature of 275° F at 10 minutes for each pounds or until a thermometer reads 135 to 140 degrees.
- Skillet Slices of ham are placed on a skillet , or a skillet. Cook on medium-low heat until the ham is warm.
- Microwave This isn’t the ideal method, as microwaves tend to eliminate a significant amount of moisture. It’s therefore easy to dry your ham, but it is possible to reheat portions of ham in the microwave in case you require. Place some slices on a microwave-safe plate and cook at medium-high for a couple of minutes until it is warmed up.
How do I freeze
- Make sure your cooked leftover Ham is dry and cool. This prevents crystals of ice from developing.
- Begin by wrapping the leftover ham in either freezer bags or plastic wrap, and after that, another layer of aluminum foil with a heavy-duty coating.
- Wrap the ham in a different freezer bag or in a large storage container. This will reduce the risk of the risk of burning in the freezer. Keep the frozen food within the refrigerator for about 3 months.
Instant Pot Ham
Serving Size (1 serving)
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 261
* % Value Daily
* Nutritional information is offered as a service using WPRM’s recipe calculator. WPRM Recipe Calculator. It is suggested to do yourself your own calculation to guarantee the accuracy. We disclaim all and all responsibility in relation an act, omission made wholly or partially based upon the content of this site. The Percent Daily Values (PDV) are calculated on a 2000-calorie diet.