Dr Michael Mosley joined wellbeing expert Liz Earle for a Facebook Live earlier in the year. the two discussed the numerous diets that can help you lose weight. In their discussion Dr Michael discussed his ketogenic diet as well as how it could aid someone to “burn fat around the stomach” the area. Dr Michael provided a thorough description of the changes that occur to our bodies when less carbohydrates are consumed.
Liz told me: “Keto is when you place yourself in ketosis.
“Can you the term “doctor” using a medical angle perspective – what happens inside the human body?”
Dr. Michael said: “Broadly speaking we are like a hybrid vehicle – we are powered by two fuel systems: the fat and sugar.
“Most of the time , we are on sugar for the most part and fat as a way to earn money from the ban. The body isn’t willing to shed the fat, and it burns it in sugar instead.
Read more: Doctor on what foods to be careful not to eat them if you want to lose menopausal weight
the Fast 800 Keto burger
It takes 20 minutes to prepare and takes 30 minutes to cook. The recipe is enough for one person.
Dr. Michael stated: “This keto burger is the perfect choice for those seeking to cut down on the amount of carbs you consume and aid your body to get into ketosis.
“A normal takeaway burger is likely to make you feel unsatisfied and hungry, as it is full of refined carbs as well as trans fat.
“However our burger will keep you going for a long time, help you shed fat and shed pounds to improve your health.”
It contains 480 calories for each portion, 37.6g in protein. 3.2g of fiber, 3.4g in carbs, as well as 34.7g in fat.
One tablespoon unsalted butter that has melts
One large egg
One tbsp milk
1 tablespoon almond flour
One tablespoon coconut flour
Eighth of a teaspoon baking powder
Poppy seeds are an option
100g mince of lean beef
One quarter of a teaspoon garlic powder
Half a teaspoon dried oregano
20g cheddar cheese, sliced
One quarter of baby’s cos lettuce
One quarter tomato cut in slices
1 tsp mayonnaise made from eggs (new ingredient)
One tsp dijon mustard
1. Preheat the oven to fan forced 160degC/180degC/350degF/Gas mark four.
2. in a mixing bowl mix eggs, butter milk, almond, coconut flour as well as baking powder. Mix with a whisk until well blended and smooth.
3. Lightly grease a 12-cm/4-inch circular ramekin/s, then pour the batter into the ramekin/s. make sure to smooth out the surfaces.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top of the bread swells when it is touched instead of sinking down. Then let the bread cool just a little.
5. While the buns or buns are baking prepare your burger patties by mixing the minced beef with garlic powder, oregano as well as some salt. Make to rounds into patties (about the same size as the ramekins).
6. Fry your patties in the pan on medium-high heat for a couple of minutes per side.
7. After flipping, place the cheese slice on top , lower the heat and cover the pan to allow melting of the cheese.
8. Make use of a spatula to lift it from its sides before you take it out.
9. Cut your bun horizontally, then spread the mayonnaise on top before laying with your lettuce and tomatoes.
10. Serve with your burger pattie as well as the top part of your bun. Serve with a fresh green salad or steaming low calorie starchy vegetables.