This air-fried asparagus is cooked to perfection using garlic, lemon and followed by pistachios that are crunchy to create the perfect vegetable side dish perfect for spring. It is the easiest method to prepare asparagus that is roasted, which comes out crisp on the outside and soft inside, and just plain delicious! Vegan low carb, keto and gluten-free Whole30-compliant and paleo-friendly.
PIN HERE to save for future reference and to follow me on my boards for more recipes ideas
Last updated May 2022
Super Tender as well as Crispy and Fresh Air Fried Asparagus
Making a nutritious side dish is now easier than ever with this easy 20 minute Air Fryer asparagus recipe. You can make this roasting asparagus simple, as you like or decorate them according to your preference. Their versatility makes them a great food item for all kinds of main dishes! From large holiday gatherings to light lunches on weekends This tender-crisp asparagus makes an excellent accompaniment to any dish.
They not only have the most delicious texture and taste and texture, they also provide your body with a wealth of essential nutrients. They’re an excellent source of magnesium, vitamins and dietary fiber! This recipe also ensures that they’re low-carb, gluten-free, keto, vegan Paleo-friendly, Whole30-compliant and paleo.
What is the reason to cook Asparagus in the air Fryer?
The process of roasting asparagus inside the oven could be a long time It can be a challenge to achieve the perfect roast particularly if you’re baking an entree as well as an accompanying dish simultaneously. This doesn’t need to stop you from trying! We’re pleased to announce that our Air Fryer model is a total and complete game changer. Air fryers cook the asparagus using hot air, that moves around the asparagus, making crisp and nice on every side.
The result is that your vegetables are crisp on the outside, and soft inside, while also infusing the vegetables in more taste than before. It also cooks them faster than ovens do! When you begin roasting your vegetables in your air fryer we’ll guarantee that you’ll never ever look back.
What You’ll Have to
It’s all you need is just a few ingredients in order to create the perfect air-fryer asparagus. You are free to mix to any seasonings you’re your mood to.
- Fresh Green Beans: Be sure to select vibrantly colored green beans with no flaws.
- Avocado Oil: Or olive oil.
- Fine-Grain Sea Salt: Or Kosher salt, with a touch of flavor.
- freshly ground Black Pepper: To taste.
- Garlic Powder for a deeper flavor.
- Lemon Juice of lemon freshly squeezed, to bring out some brightness.
- Nutritional yeast: Adds a nutty and cheesy flavour that is also paleo and Whole30 compatible. You can substitute it with regular or dairy-free cheese, if you prefer.
- chopped fresh parsley An option, used to decorate the asparagus.
- Pistachios Chop up in rough pieces, optional to add a crunchy topping.
Can I Use Frozen Asparagus Instead?
Fresh asparagus is sure to give you the most flavor and taste, however frozen ones can be used if this is the only thing you have available. Just thaw them in the fridge prior to using them. You can also defrost them in a bowl of cold water if you want.
How do I Trim Asparagus
To cut the asparagus, you must cut the woody ends of each spear by using your hands with a sharp knife or scissors.
After cutting the ends of your asparagus, it’s crucial that you give the beans a thorough wash and dry them thoroughly. This eliminates any dirt or pesticides that may be on your beans’ surface.
To cut the asparagus, you must cut the woody ends of the asparagus using your hands and a sharp knife, or scissors. An easier method of trimming asparagus is to:
- Line them Up: Pick a handful green beans and arrange them on a cutting table so that the ends of one side make an uniform line.
- Cut off the ends: Press a sharp kitchen knife toward the tips of the lined up asparagus and then cut off the ends in one go.
- Wash and dry: Place the trimmed asparagus in a large bowl that is filled with cold water. Let them rest for about 15 minutes. After that, rinse them by rinsing them in cold water, and pat dry with paper towels.
How do you make an Air Fryer? Asparagus
This recipe is very easy! The air fryer does all the job for you! If you can keep in mind to shake the basket of your air fryer at least halfway through cooking and you’ll be good go.
- Preheat Air Fryer If Needed: If your air fryer needs to be preheated, heat it until 400F.
- Cut off the ends: In the meantime you snap or cut off the ends that are woody of the asparagus. Transfer onto a mixing bowl.
- Season Asparagus Sprinkle the asparagus with olive oil, then sprinkle with black pepper, salt garlic powder lemon juice, nutritional yeast or parmesan. Utilize tongs to gently mix the asparagus until evenly coated.
- Roast In batches as necessary then add the asparagus into the basket of an air fryer and then spread it into one layers, but making sure that there isn’t any overlap. Cook in the oven up to 7-9 mins, to cook the asparagus until tender, and slightly crisp at the edges, stopping shaking the pan (or turn the pans around for larger fryers) approximately halfway through.
- Garnish and Serve Garnish and Serve: Transfer the asparagus to an enormous platter or serving dish. Add chopped nuts, and fresh parsley.
Tips to be Successful
There are other points to consider before starting start working on this roasting asparagus recipe:
- Dry the asparagus thoroughly: After your asparagus are submerged in the cold water bath for at minimum 15 minutes and then rinsed with cold water, let them dry off the best way you can. In the event that they’re wet when you place them into the Air Fryer, they won’t get as crisp.
- To pre-heat or not to Preheat: Depending on the model of your Air Fryer it is possible that you will or might not need to heat it up prior to throw in the vegetables. Cooking time will depend on the model that Air Fryer you own. Be familiar with it if you don’t know already.
- Do not cook all the Asparagus at once: If you over-crowd your Air Fryer basket, the vegetables will not cook evenly. The vegetables should be spread in one layer.
- Make sure to shake your Basket The most important thing is to take off your Air Fryer basket and give it a shake halfway during cooking. This will help everything cook evenly on both sides.
It is possible to take these Air Fried asparagus in tons of different directions. Here are a few easy ways to alter them:
- Add Additional Seasonings: We often add half one teaspoon garlic powder as well as 1/4 teaspoon onion powder to give it an extra flavor. You can even add some crushed red peppers to add some heat!
- Create Extra Crispy: For an even crisper and more delicious result, put your green beans that you have cooked in the oven for just a couple of minutes. Make sure you keep an watch on them so that you can remove them before they begin to burn.
- Make Balsamic Asparagus Balsamic vinegar is delicious over crispy air-fried asparagus. It provides them with a satisfying taste that’s guaranteed to create an impression at the table.
- Incorporate Toast Almonds: Want to include some crunch and nuttiness? Toast almonds chopped up or sliced and sprinkle them on your asparagus before serving them.
- Create delicious Asparagus: Adding a sprinkle of nutritional yeast is a healthy method to provide your green beans with an edgy taste. It is possible to use grated Parmesan cheese, if you’re not vegan or dairy-free.
- Bacon: If your diet allows it, you can add some protein by sprinklering bacon cooked and crumbled over the asparagus you’ve cooked.
- Create a Festive Look: Serving asparagus on Thanksgiving or on another holiday? Serve them with pecans or dried cranberries to add an elegant finishing garnish.
Air-fried asparagus makes an excellent healthy snack all on their own, but we typically serve them for a snack for dinner or lunch. We’ve listed a few of our top dishes to serve the asparagus with below.
- Serving with Falafel: This classic Falafel can be prepared in the air Fryer in the oven, on the stove, or even within the oven! Whichever option you choose it’s bound to be a delicious sweet, spicy and savory delight.
- Mix to Teriyaki Salmon: So long you’re not vegan and don’t have a vegan diet, the Teriyaki Salmon is an absolute must-try. It’s made with delicious citrus pineapple sauce it’s great with air-fried green beans.
- Serve with crispy Tofu The family we have is constantly looking forward to Air Fryer Tofu.
Storing and Reheating Leftover Vegetables
If you have leftover vegetables, let them to completely cool and then transfer them into an airtight container. Keep them in the refrigerator over up to four days. Reheat them using an air Fryer until they’re heated through approximately four to five minutes.
Can Air Fried Asparagus Be Frozen?
Yes! Keep air fryer asparagus within an airtight container. Then freeze for up to six months. Also, you can keep your leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To cook it again, just make it in the air fryer and get it to a crisper stage.
A More Healthier Air Fryer Side Dish Ideas
There are plenty of Air Fryer side dishes that are well-deserving of an endorsement, but we’ll choose some of our top picks in the present.
Air Fryer Asparagus
This asparagus cooked in the air is cooked to perfection by adding garlic, lemon, and served with crunchy pistachios, making the perfect vegetable side dish to enjoy during spring. The easiest method of making asparagus that is roasted, which comes out crisp in the exterior, soft inside and simply delicious! Vegan low carb, keto gluten-free Whole30-compliant and paleo-friendly.
The Course Side Dish
Keywords: air fryer asparagus, simple vegetable recipe, simple veggie side dish quick vegetarian side dish, nutritious side dish, roast asparagus
Serves: 4 servings
Calories: 54 kcal
- 1 bundle of thick to medium asparagus around 1 1/2 – 1 1/2 pounds dried and washed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- Fine grain sea salt or kosher salt to taste salt
- Ground fresh black pepper for taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast Substitute 1 cup grated regular or vegan parmesan cheese if it is not vegan, dairy-free or dairy-free.
- 2 teaspoons toasted pistachios roughly chopped
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
In the event that your Air Fryer needs preheating, heat it to 400F.
While you’re at it, snap or cut off the ends that are woody of the asparagus, and then transfer it to an enormous mixing bowl.
Serve the asparagus drizzled with oil and add salt garlic powder, black pepper lemon juice, nutritional yeast or parmesan. Utilize tongs to gently mix the asparagus until evenly coated.
In batches as required As you go, add the asparagus into the basket of the air fryer and spread out into an even layer, ensuring there are no overlaps.
Then, air-fry for about 7-9 mins, to cook the asparagus until tender, and lightly crispy on the ends. You can stop shaking the pan (or turn the pots on bigger air fryers) around halfway through.
Transfer the asparagus onto an enormous plate or serving tray. Add chopped pistachios, and fresh parsley.
Notes on the Recipe
- To Reheat and Store: Transfer cooled asparagus into an airtight container, and keep it in the refrigerator at least 4 days. Then, heat in a 350degreeF air Fryer until heated through.
- To freeze: Transfer cooled asparagus to a freezer-safe container , and put it away for 6 months. Reheat straight from frozen with a slight increase in cook time , shaking the basket every so often during.
Air Fryer Asparagus
Quantity Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories 54 Calories from Fat 36
Percent Daily Value
Saturated Fat 2g 10 percent
* Nutritional information is given as a courtesy to users of WPRM’s recipe calculator. WPRM Recipe Calculator. It is suggested to do yourself your own calculation to guarantee the accuracy. We disclaim all and all responsibility for any reason with regard an act, omission made wholly or partially based on any information on this site. These values are calculated on a 2000-calorie diet.