The popular restaurant that has the Southern feel offers numerous high-carb food items to count However, there’s plenty of options for those who are following ketogenic diet.
Cracker Barrel keto choices vary from lemon pepper grilled rainbow trout, to grilled country pork chops served with country vegetables. Along with all the delicious breakfast options , of course.
And, finally, an establishment to eat at that you don’t need to skip this or omit this instead, just say what you’d like to eat and tailor every food item to suit your preferences. No questions asked.
Also in other words, if you’re trying to figure out how you can keep it low-carb for the next time you visit Cracker Barrel, continue reading to learn more!
What foods can I eat at Cracker Barrel in ketosis?
Use these three easy guidelines:
- If in doubt it is best to order meat. Cracker Barrel has awesome options to choose from, however, be sure to avoid items like fried chicken, and go for barbecued meat instead.Surprisingly that they also have their own version of the Sugar Cured Ham and I’d not ever order it keto however, to my utter delight, its macros are low in carbs, so don’t be scared to buy it.
- Choose vegetable-based sides. Make sure you have a salad that is full of greens, some steam broccoli or cooked cabbage. Be sure to stay away from potatoes that have been mashed or Hash Brown casserole.If you’re lacking a little of flavor, request additional salt and pepper, and a serving of butter as well. This will assist you in reaching your daily fat goal in addition.
- Find a keto-friendly breakfast. Don’t order combos, make your own! There are a lot of combinations that you can make your own.
Be on the lookout for breakfast options such as fried chicken and hash browns. Also, you can find fritted apples, etc.
Cracker Barrel Keto Cracker Breakfast Option
I’m sure you can choose breakfast combos from their food menus, however none of them is keto-friendly without a lot of changes and substitutions. It’s the Double Meat Breakfast option is likely to be the only one in which all you have be able to do is remove the gritty grits.
You can create your own breakfast which is the best choice for anyone using keto.
- Hamburger Steak – 490 calories; 31.5g saturated fat and 36g proteins 1g total carbs 1g net carbohydrates
- Catfish Fillet (grilled) – 130 calories; 5g fat 19g protein 1g total carbs 1g net carbohydrates
- Sirloin Steak 350 kcal; 17g fatand 49g proteins 1g total carbohydrates; 1g net carbohydrates
- Hickory Smoked Country Ham – 270 calories, 13g fat, 33g protein 6g total carbohydrates; Net carbs 5g
- Sweet Ham – 440 calories (29g fat); 36g protein 2g total carbs Net carbs 2 grams
- Smoked Sausage patties (2 2 pcs) – 240 kcal 19g fat; 13.g protein. 2g in total carbohydrates; 2g net carbs
- Turkey Patties (2 2 pcs) – 110 kcal 6g fat 13g of protein, 1g net carbohydrates; 1g net carbs
- Thin-sliced Bacon (3 3 pcs) – 210 kcal 17g fat 14g of protein, 0g net carbohydrates; 0g net carbs
- 2 Eggs (any ways) – 150 kcal 10g fat 14g fat 2g total carbohydrates; Net carbs 2g
- Two Scrambled Eggs Whites 60 calories; 0g fat 11g protein 2g total carbohydrates; two grams net carbohydrates
- Butter that is real 35 kcals 4g fat Protein 0g and 0g of total carbs. net carbs 0g
My Top 3 Breakfast Mixes for Breakfast
Grilled Sirloin Steak two orders of Scrambled Eggs.
It’s healthy, nutritiousand loaded with protein, and contains only 3g net of carbs. If you’re looking to boost your fat intake, try it as a portion or two pieces of butter.
2 Turkey Sausage Patties with Two Scrambled Egg Whites.
I’m not on any diet to lose weight, however, it’s what I typically take when I’m in my “getting fit again” phase, since it’s very extremely low on calories.
Grilled Catfish Fillet with two Sunny-side-up Eggs.
The meat-lovers on the planet will not look at me in the same way, however, I’m not always craving chicken or meat. I’m a huge fan of fish! Also, you can’t be wrong with catfish as it is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Cracker Barrel Keto Lunch and Dinner Options
Beware of those who offer Downhome Daily Dinners Under $10. It’s true that the price seems appealing, but I’ll be honest when I say there’s nothing on that menu that’s suitable for keto.
The ideal way to enjoy keto in Cracker Barrel is to custom modify and personalize your meal. Luckily we have a wide range of keto options for you to choose among (and it’s delicious! ).
- Roast Beef – 490 kcal, 29g fat as well as 45g of protein 10g total carbohydrates; 10% net carbohydrates
- Grilled chicken tenderloins 220 kcal 7g fat; 37g protein 7g total carbohydrates; Net carbs 5 grams
- Sweet Ham – 440 calories and 29g fat, 36g protein 2g total carbs Net carbs 2g
- Hickory Smoked Country Ham – 270 calories, 13g fat, 33g protein 6g total carbohydrates; 5g net carbohydrates
- Hamburger Steak with Garlic Butter – 440 calories 31% of fat, 36g protein 1g total carbs 1g carbs net
- Grilled Sirloin Steak 350 kcal 17g fat; 49g protein 1g total carbs 1g net carbohydrates
- Crispy Grilled Lemon Catfish 250 kcal; 11g fat 38g protein 2g total carbohydrates; 1g net carbohydrates
- Hot Grilled Catfish Fillet 130 kcal 5g fat 19g protein; 1g of total carbohydrates; 1g net carbohydrates
- Lemon Pepper Grilled Rainbow Trout 300 calories; 14g fat; 43g protein 6g total carbs Net carbohydrate 5g
Keto Friendly Sides
- Boil Cabbage 90 kcal, 5g fat 2g protein 8g total carbs net carbs of 4g.
- Country Green Beans 60 kcal, 3g fat 1g protein 7g total carbs Net carbs of 4g.
- Steamed Broccoli 40 kcal, 4g protein; 0g fat 6g total carbs Net carbs 2g
- Mix Green Side Salad – 15 calories; 0g fat 2g of protein, 3g in total carbohydrates; 1g net carbs
- House Salad (no croutons) – 150 kcal 11g fat 6-g of protein. 6g net carbohydrates; 3g net carbs
- Turnip Greens – 100 kcal, 4g fat 10% protein, 6g of total carbohydrates; 2g net carbs
Five of My Favorite Lunch and Dinner Combinations
- Hamburger Steak with Garlic Butter Steamed Broccoli, mixed green salad with blue Cheese Dressing. This is one big meal! It’s one of my top classic dinners, for sure.
- Crispy grilled Catfish Fillet, Steam Broccoli , and Mixed Green Salad with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. If you’re not a fan of meat, this can be one of your vegetarian low-carb options. I think the buttermilk dressing mellows the spice of the catfish, and is delicious.
- Grilled Chicken Tenderloins served with House Salad and Dill Pickle Ranch Sauce. If I’m not really hungry and I’m hungry enough to have a bite of something small and small, this is what I usually take. It’s fills you up but not overly.
- Hickory Smoked Ham, Boiled Cabbage and Turnip Greens. How Southern are your meals with the keto diet? If you’re craving some comfort food, consider this combination.
- Lemon pepper Grilled Rainbow Trout with Country Green Beans. Another alternative for those who do not want any meat (plus trout is great for you! ).
Keto Friendly salad dressings
- Blue Cheese Dressing (2 1 oz) – 250 kcal 26g fat; 2g of protein, 2g net carbohydrates; 2g net carbs
- Buttermilk Caesar (2 oz) – 230 kcal; 23g fat; 2g protein; 2g total carbs; 2g net carbs
- Buttermilk Ranch (2 2 oz) – 190 kcal 20g fat 1g protein 2g total carbs 2.25 net carbohydrates
Additional Keto Friendly Foods
- Bacon Pieces (0.5 oz) – 70 kcal 6g fat 5g protein. 0g net carbohydrates; 0g net carbs
- Collby Cheese Shreds (1 1 oz) – 110 kcal 9g fat; 7g protein; 1g net carbs. 1g net carbs
- Sour Cream (1 1 oz) – 60 kcal 5g fat 1g protein 1g total carbohydrates; Net carbs 1g
- Dill Pickle Ranch Sauce (2 2 oz) – 250 kcal 27g fat 2g protein. 2g total carbohydrates; 2g net carbs
- Ranch (2 1 oz) – 190 kcal 20g fat 1g protein 2g total carbohydrates; 2.g net carbohydrates
- Tartar Sauce (1 1 oz) – 140 kcal 14g fat; two grams of total carbohydrates; 2g net carbs
Foods To Avoid At Cracker Barrel
I’m pretty certain that this is most comprehensive list that I’ve made of foods to not consume that contain too many carbs. Because there are so many options on the Cracker Barrel menu is mostly filled with Southern food, it’s a challenge to identify everything that is and aren’t low-carb.
Here’s a quick description of the things to avoid in Cracker Barrel:
- All pancakes
- All sandwiches
- All daily meals under $10
- All bread
- All desserts
- All soft drinks
- Country-fried steak
- Any kind of chicken that is fried
- Anything that is deep-fried
- Hash browns
- Corn muffins
- Mashed potatoes
- Buttermilk biscuits
- Fried apples
- Salads (all of them contain chicken that has been fried)
- Sweet potatoes
- Hot soups
- Honey dijon mustard
- Balsamic herb vinaigrette
Our final verdict
Cracker Barrel has a menu packed with high-carb meals However, there are plenty of low-carb alternatives to pick from. I’m always happy when I dine out in a restaurant and can avoid the entire “let me leave this out” or “without eating the bread” conversation to the server.
In this case, all I have to do is say what I’d like to eat without making any crazy substitutions. The thing I enjoyed most was the fact that their food is simple without any additions such as sauces, processed foods, and so on. Overall I would say I’d rate it 10/10.
If you’re seeking a more ketogenic diet and low carb friendly tips for eating out, take a look at our blog posts about how to order from IHOP, The Cheesecake Factory, Texas Roadhouse, Applebee’s or browse our 50 Top Keto Fast Food Options article.