Go to the recipe
Are you looking for a delicious variation on the standard dip or sauce? Are you looking for something to spice up your fish or roast vegetables? Or looking for something gluten-free, vegan and ketogenic? This low-carb Romesco sauce will become an absolute delight at every meal. It is also loaded with vitamins a and c and calcium as well as good fats. There is no doubt about being taking a healthy diet, and eating each bite when you use this sauce as a condiment. Perfect with fish, vegetables and chicken, you’ll be in love with the distinctiveness and bold flavor.
I’m sure, I’ve heard of ….another regular dinner consisting that is a mixture of proteins and vegetables. Absolutely not! When I was looking for inspiration to cook the perfect “out from the norm dinner” I came across an exquisite little dish with a fantastic sauce made of roasting red peppers, garlic and tomatoes. I was looking to feel like I was in the middle of nowhere and having something to add the flavor of my food and adds a touch of class to my meal. This sauce has not only been able to make its way onto my dinner table, it’s been added to my recipe collection for gatherings with special guests and charcuterie boards to spice up every vegetable or protein recipe. The dinner I normally eat is never like it was before. Make this dish popping recipe an attempt to bring some pop and flair to your meals right now!
Romesco Sauce Uses
The sauce can be used as a condiment similar to the way you utilize BBQ or perhaps the ketchup. It has large, strong flavors, small amounts go far. It is a great addition to any meal. Romesco sauce is also utilized as a dip with chips that are keto friendly crackers, chips, or mixed with veggies. It’s an excellent companion to roasting vegetables too. Also, you can sprinkle some spoons of this sauce on zucchini noodles to create a delicious keto pasta recipe.
Romesco Sauce Ingredients
- Roasted red peppers For roasting your own peppers yourself, cover three large red peppers with olive oil. Place on a hot flame and let them char within a couple of minutes. Remove them from the fire and place them inside an enormous brown paper container or in bowl lined by plastic wrap. The steam will be able to make them cook for a longer time. After about 10 minutes, take out the peppers, and then peel off the skin. To make the recipe quick, you can purchase an jar of roast green peppers (in olive oil). It will help you save precious time.
- Tomato Paste Instead of normal tomatoes tomato paste is better concentrated in taste and won’t make the sauce watery.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes- They add an interesting flavor to the sauce , and enhance the richness of the sauce.
- Walnuts Romesco sauce usually created using hazelnuts or almonds. We have discovered that the lightly-toasted walnuts do don’t just add better flavor and texture they also provide nutritious fats and nutrients. worth.
- Red Wine Vinegar- A dash of vinegar or hint of acidity can balance the flavors and make these drinks shine.
- Garlic The flavors aren’t much stronger than fresh garlic. To control the flavor and intensity, cut each clove in small pieces and cook with olive oil about 1-2 minutes to make it the garlic is fragrant.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- It will to bring the various flavors and textures in the Romesco sauce.
How to make Romesco Sauce Low-Carb
The recipes aren’t much simpler than this. All the ingredients in the blender of your choice or a food processor. Mix until it’s smooth!
Romesco Sauce FAQs
What does romesco sauce taste like?
It is a truly unique sauce that’s difficult to define because the flavours are so diverse. It is a sweetand nutty taste with strong flavors of garlic. By adding tomato paste as well as the red wine vinegar This sauce has an ideal quantity of acid to blend all the flavorings together.
Can you freeze romesco sauce?
Yes! This recipe is one that you can prepare ahead of time. Put the sauce into an airtight container. Then it can be kept in the freezer three months or more.
What is the best way to preserve romesco sauce?
This sauce is stored in a mason-jar or any other airtight container for five days or more.
Do the keto test
Discover the keto snack that is right for you and supplements
for your unique goals
Zesty Low Carb Romesco Sauce
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 Cup 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 1/2 Cup walnuts (lightly toasty)
- 1– 16 ounce jar of roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper in flakes
- 3 tablespoons cup extra virgin olive oil
Mix all ingredients together in an efficient blender or food processor. Mix with a high setting until you attain the your desired consistency. If you want a more smooth sauce, make use of a blender. For more chunky sauce, you can use the aid of a food processor. Seasoning can be adjusted to your liking.
- Serving Size 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 82
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g(Net Carbs: 3 g)
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: romesco sauce